From the desk of Allen Gregoire, Director of Underwriting, Individual Health – Mutual of Omaha.
Throughout the pandemic, Mutual of Omaha has been evaluating our underwriting and new business practices in efforts to support business continuity, deliver a high level of service and maintain our financial strength.
As a result, your LTC Underwriting team is temporarily completing virtual assessments for applicants age 65 and over with favorable medical records. Virtual assessment qualification parameters will be based on underwriter discretion.
Minimum requirements for consideration:
- Applicants age 65 and over with favorable medical records.*
- Applicants with any blood pressure, build and mobility concerns will not qualify for a virtual assessment.
What is required to successfully complete a virtual assessment?
- Applicants must provide a valid email address on the application. An invitation for the virtual assessment will be emailed to this address.
- Applicants must be able and willing to access Zoom on mobile and/or desktop devices. Live video sharing will be required.
- Applicants must perform the virtual assessment from their permanent address.
*Reminder: Underwriting will initiate scheduling the virtual or in-person face-to-face assessments for LTC applicants age 65 and over after medical records have been received, reviewed and deemed favorable for insurability. This process continues to ensure we are only requesting assessments on individuals who are indeed insurable, subject to the completed assessment.
If you have any questions regarding assessment qualifications or application processing, please contact me directly.
Director of Underwriting, Individual Health – Mutual of Omaha